Saturday 14 January 2012

Laurie Excell. Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots.


Taking your photography from snapshots to great shots begins with having a solid understanding of your camera and lenses so that you can intuitively move from one camera setting to another, capturing the moment as it unfolds.Although this is a book on composition, I start at the beginning,with the camera, and provide you with the building blocks to establish a strong foundation for making photographs rather than simply taking them. I cover the basic camera settings I use that enable me to capture peak of action or to chase the light as it dances across the landscape. The lens you use directly impacts your photographic style. Having a lens that complements your vision of the world is part of the process of making great shots, so I spend some time discussing lenses, to give you a better grasp of what lenses do and why you may need one type of lens over another. And, finally, I cover some essential accessories and filters that I carry in my bag to further enable me to make the images you see in this book.

Download 35MB

No comments:

Post a Comment